Applications Licences and Permits

Building Permits
The enforcement of building codes serves to protect the health, safety and welfare of the public.

Permit Applicaitons are available at the Township Office or on our website (Building and Planning Permits) and should be dropped off to the Township Office prior to appointment arrangements.  This will help to ensure that all required paperwork accompanies the applicaiton.  Appointments can also be arranged to discuss a proposed building permit.
Burn Permits

The regulation of open air burning in Central Frontenac is important for purposes of risk management and environmental conscientiousness. 

Open air burning must only be conducted with the approval of the Fire Chief Official and in accordance with the conditions set out in the Controlled Burn Permit for Open Air Burning By-law #2009-293.  Please read this By-law prior to completing the application process.

Certificate of Occupancy
Upon final inspection of the building permit process, the Inspector may issue a Certificate of Occupancy at the request of the General Contractor.  This certificate:
  • Is the formal document that marks the completion of your construction project.
  • Gives you permission to occupy your new or renovated building with the knowledge that it has met the safety standards in the community.
For more information, contact the Chief Building Official.
Entrance Permit & Civic Addressing Application
If you plan on creating a new private point of entry onto a municipal right of way, all new road access points (e.g. driveways, field entrances and laneways) require approval of an entrance permit.  Entrance permits are also required for any alterations to an existing point of entry or roadside ditch.  Contact the Director of Public Works for more information. To print an Entrance permit form visit the Roads, Bridges & Sidewalks page
Fence Viewers act in accordance with the Line Fences Act, which sets out the procedure for the resolution of line fence disputes between owners of adjoining properties.  Fence Viewers do not determine the location of a boundary line.
Freedom of Information

If you wish to access municipal records, please begin by contacting the Municipal Clerk by email or phone.  It is important to note that the rules governing access and privacy under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) apply to both formal and informal requests for information.

Formal requests must be made in writing using the MFIPPA Request Form and accompanied by a $5.00 application fee. 


  • MFIPPA applies to all local government organizations including municipalities, school boards, public utilities, transit and police commissions, fire departments, conservation authorities, boards of health and other local boards.  Separate Acts apply specifically to Provincial Ministries, agencies and Federal Government institutions. 
  • MFIPPA came into effect January 1, 1991
  • MFIPPA requires municipalities to protect the privacy of an individual's personal information existing in government records (this includes rules regarding the collection, use, disclosure and disposal of personal information in the custody and control of a municipality).
  • For more information, see the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Lottery Licences

Additionally, you can view the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) Lottery Licensing Policy Manual (LLPM).                

Lottery License Applications and Report Forms:

Application to Manage and Conduct a Bingo Lottery (via AGCO)

Bingo Lottery Report (via AGCO)

Application to Manage and Conduct a Raffle Lottery (via AGCO)

Raffle Lottery Report (via AGCO)

Application to Manage and Conduct a Blanket Raffle Lottery(via AGCO)

Blanket Raffle Lottery Report (via AGCO)

Application to Manage and Conduct a Break-Open Ticket Lottery (via AGCO)

Break-Open Ticket Lottery Report (via AGCO)

Application to Manage and Conduct a Lottery Type Scheme at a Bazaar (via AGCO)

Bazaar Lottery Event Report (via AGCO)

Livestock Claim
Where an owner of livestock or poultry has discovered death or injury, a Valuer will be directed to make a full investigation and a report (in writing) detailing the damage and his or her reward.
Marriage Licence
Marriage Licences are issued by the Clerk's Office at a fee of $115.00.

Please read the following licence requirements before you complete the Marriage Licence Application Form.  Also see the Ontario Government "Getting married" webpage for more information regarding your marriage.  

  • Issuance of licences are during regular business hours.  Due to possible staff schedule conflicts, it is best to call ahead for an appointment. 
  • A licence may only be issued to the Applicant and/or Joint Applicant.
  • Both parties to the marriage must sign the application form.
  • Proof of Age: Birth Certificate, Current Passport, or Affidavit of Age.  Photo identification is also required for both parties.
  • If a marriage licence is issued to only one party, proof age still applies for both parties and the application form must be signed by both parties.
  • If the applicant(s) is/are living at a rural route address or have a box number as an address, the lot, concession, township or actual street address is required.
  • If the applicants are getting married in a rural area, the Township name is required on the application form.
  • If either or both applicant(s) were divorced in Canada, the original or certified copy of the Decree of Absolute or Certificate of Divorce is required.  Certified copies can be obtained from the Court which granted the divorce.  Uncertified photocopies are not acceptable.  Applicants who are widowed are not required to provide proof of the death of their spouse.
  • If either or both applicant(s) were divorced outside of Canada, please consult the Issuer of Marriage Licences for requirements.
  • Once issues the Marriage Licence is valid for three months and may be used at any Location within the Province of Ontario.  The location must be as specified on the licence.

 For more information, contact the Clerk's Office. 

Pre-Authorized Payment
See the pre-authorized payment plan form for information regarding this option for paying your property taxes.


Contact Us